Once upon a time, summer décor was often associated with seashell vases and nautical prints. We’re happy to report that those days are far behind us. Event décor during the summer months has become much more sophisticated in recent years, with the proliferation of colors and mixed textures which offer an open-air or sea-inspired feel without being too cliché.
This summer, you’ll be sure to see a lot of events that embrace these 5 design trends:
1. Whites and creams are considered the peek of true chic, and not solely for beachfront events at the Hamptons. Light colors offer an airy elegant feel, and of course, they can easily be refashioned with pops of bright color for more contemporary appeal.
2. Incorporating elements like river rocks can imbue an event with modern beach flair.
3. Reclaimed wood is one of the building materials of choice for large-scale installations as well as for little accent pieces, like birch wrapped vases or tree trunk containers. It offers that wonderfully rustic aesthetic that has become so popular in recent years.
4. Incorporate brightly colored floral arrangements for voguish allure. Honeysuckle was named the color of the year by Pantone, but bright purples and blues are also making their mark.
5. Mixing candles into a beautiful floral spread is not exactly a novel idea. Nevertheless, it remains a very popular way to create a warm glow and natural lighting, especially once the sun has set.
And that’s when things get even more interesting…!
Photos by Photomuse